Welcome to MECA!
We are excited to welcome and assist you in your transition to the MECA Community!
All incoming students are required to participate in New Student Orientation. During Orientation, you will learn all about MECA and meet some awesome people in the process!
DUE TO COVID-19, PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE DATES AND REQUIREMENTS MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME. CHECK YOUR MECA EMAIL DAILY IN CASE OF UPDATES.
New and Transfer BFA Students staring Fall 2020
- Check your email for information on the online Orientation through our learning management system, Canvas!
- Move-In dates and times have been assigned and will occur between August 20th-22nd for first time students taking the Foundation Intensive and between August 28th-31st for all transfer students who do not start with a Foundation Intensive.
- Your housing placement and roommate(s) assignments have been sent to your MECA email.
- This is our current Orientation schedule for new BFA students who begin classes on August 24th.
- If you are an incoming student who begins class on September 1st, please come to the Porteous Lobby at 5:00PM on Sunday, August 30th to check in for Orientation. We’ll have dinner and go on a tour of the building!
Checklist of what Student Life needs from you can be found here:
Suggested packing list for on campus housing can be found here:
SALT Students starting Fall 2020
- Sign into the Google Classroom you were invited to join for the self-paced portion of Orientation.
- We’ll see you on Zoom starting at 12:30PM on Monday, September 7th; link in your MECA email.
- Come to the Porteous Building at 522 Congress St. for the short, in-person portion of Orientation at 3:30pm on 9/7!
- COVID-19 negative test results must be in to email@example.com before you are permitted into campus buildings.
Personalized web portal that allows students to obtain class schedules, grades, billing and financial aid information. Sign in to learn more.
Check out this quick user guide if you have problems navigating MyMECA:
MyMECA User Guide
Course Schedule & Registration
- Anne Dennison, Registrar at adennison@MECA.edu or 207.699.5054 or
- Julie Smith, Assistant Registrar at jsmith@MECA.edu or 207.699.5057
- More information
Foundation Supply List
Download the MECA Foundation Supply List 2020-2021 here:
Emergency and Weather Text Notification System
Sign up to receive text messages for weather cancellations, early closings or a campus emergency. Enroll in the Emergency & Weather Notification alert text message system.
Student Account and Billing
firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.699.5049
email@example.com or 207.699.5074
MECA Health Insurance
For information about the MECA Student Health Insurance Plan Options or to Waive Health Insurance, please visit this page.
Residence Life and Housing
For more information about housing and how to apply, go to Residence Life or email studentlife@MECA.edu.
Counseling & Wellness
Sheila Geant, Coordinator of Counseling & Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Services & Accommodations
Joanne Benica, Disability Services Coordinator at email@example.com or 207.699.5035
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.