The Continuing Studies Department at Maine College of Art offers open enrollment programs to adults and youth. Our mission is to provide access to professional quality study in the arts and professional development opportunities for diverse members of the general public.
We offer weekly classes, weekend classes, winter intensives, youth camps, and international artist retreats. To go directly to specific types of programming, chose from the links on the left. To contact the Continuing Studies Office, call 207.699.5061.
Summer 2016 Art Camps for Ages 8-17!
Working in MECA’s state-of-the-art studios and labs, students ages 8-17 immerse themselves in the process of art making, connect with teaching-artist professionals, and collaborate with other young artists from Maine and beyond. An arts education helps develop creativity, imagination, cognitive skills, problem solving abilities, confidence and much more. Download PDF of Youth Offerings. Sign up here.
Examples of Summer 2016 Classes
- Colorful Functional Ceramics
- The 30,000 Word Challenge
- Experimental Embroidery
- Learning Your Chakras
- Coastal Ecosystems + Field Study
- Book Arts: Pop Ups, Pop Outs
- Risograph Printing
- Anatomy + Gesture
- Sculpture: Trash Transformed
- Sketchbooks: Cultivating a Daily Practice
- Printmaking: Monotypes
- The 40,000 Word Challenge
- Cloisonné Enamel Jewelry
- Music: The Mind of a Beatle
- Green Printmaking Workshop
- Prouts Neck Hike + Paint, Scarborough
- Beginning Graphic Design