The Continuing Studies Department at Maine College of Art offers open enrollment programs to adults and youth. Our mission is to provide access to professional quality study in the arts and professional development opportunities for diverse members of the general public. For course information and registration, click here.
We offer weekly classes, weekend classes, winter intensives, youth camps, and international artist retreats. To go directly to specific types of programming, chose from the links on the left. To contact the Continuing Studies Office, call 207.699.5061.
Examples of Winter/Spring 2016 Classes
- Painting On Monhegan: Early Summer
- Introduction to Kinetic Sculpture
- Experimental Drawing Techniques
- Make Your Own Sewing Patterns
- Learn to Use Your DSLR
- Metal Stamp Making
- Photoshop Weekend Workshop
- Interior Decorating Workshop
- True Blue Beginning Painter
- The 40,000 Word Challenge
- Garden Design: Plant Selection
- Slow, Slow, Quick: Letterpress Trot
- Further Studies in Calligraphy