Schedule a Visit
Visit MECA’s campus to see our unique community at work. We encourage you and your family to come tour our facilities and specialized equipment, walk through our studios and talk with our students and faculty.
Please let us know if you would like to attend one of our Open House events by completing our RSVP form here or below.
Undergraduate (BFA) campus tours are available Monday through Friday at 1pm; they last about 1 hour. Please contact the Admissions Office to schedule a visit. Personal interviews and portfolio reviews are also available and can be conducted after a tour of the campus. Let us know if you’d like to schedule one when you visit!
Graduate (MFA) visits during Fall 2016 are available by appointment. They will start with an info session with the Director and/or Chair of the program, followed by a tour of the campus with a current MFA student or MAT counselor. The entire visit lasts about 1.5–2 hours.
Graduate (MAT) visits during Fall 2016 are Tuesday mornings at 10am by appointment. They will start with a tour of the department and facilities with a current MAT student, and can be followed by an information session with a current student or the MAT Admissions Counselor. The visit should last about 1–1.5 hours.
To schedule your visit, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 800.699.1509.
- The last day for Fall tours will be Friday, December 16, and we will reopen for tours on Monday, January 9. Thank you for understanding!
Open Houses at MECA
Visit us for a Open House! These events are a great opportunity to see MECA’s amazing facilities, have a portfolio review, and meet with our students, faculty, and staff — you can refer to the sample schedule below to help plan your visit. Please let us know if you would like to attend one of these events by completing our RSVP form here or below. We’ll send a confirmation email within 5 business days of registration. (Please add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure delivery of confirmation emails.)
Sample Open House Schedule
11–11:25am: Check-In + Faculty Meet & Greet
11:25am–12:30pm: Campus Tours
1–2pm: Student Stations or Parent Information Session
2–3pm: Portfolio Reviews and/or Housing Tours (optional)
This is a sample schedule for BFA students. We’ll send an actual schedule and more information with your confirmation email within a week of your online registration.
Upcoming Spring 2017 Open Houses
- Saturday, February 18 — “Finishing Day” for Seniors applying to the BFA program in Fall 2017; applications are due March 1st!
- Saturday, May 20 — visiting day for Juniors interested in Pre-College and the BFA programs
Please note: MECA is now accepting applications. Please contact the Admissions Office through the above information if you would like to check your application status or if you have any questions.
2016 Portland Hotel Discount
Holiday Inn By the Bay, 88 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04101
Corporate Room Rates
- Must ask for Maine College of Art special corporate rate
- June 1 – Oct 31, 2016: $159 + tax for Standard Double / Double Room
- Nov 1 – Dec 31, 2016: $109 + tax for Standard Double / Double Room
- Upgrades to Standard King Rooms are +$25
- Upgrades to Executive Rooms are +$50
- Not applicable to group bookings of 8 or more rooms, conventions or blackout periods
- Parking is $10 per night/ per vehicle
- Smoking is prohibited
Hyatt Place Portland-Old Portland, 433 Fore Street, Portland ME, 04101
Corporate Room Rates
- Rate is $109/night, Sunday–Thursday, then 20% off best available rate on Friday and Saturday nights
- Ask for Maine College of Art special corporate rate