- Counseling & Wellness*: The College has an on-site counselor available for crisis counseling. Free confidential counseling, support, and referral services are available by contacting 207.699.5056 or at email@example.com.
- The Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence*: Offers 24-hour free confidential support, advocacy, and resources for those affected by relationship abuse available by phone at 1.866.834.4357 and on their website.
- The Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault*: Offers 24-hour free confidential support, advocacy, and resources for anyone affected by sexual assault, stalking, or sexual harassment available at 1.800.871.7741 and on their website.
- Sexual Assault Response Services of Southern Maine*: Offers 24-hour free confidential crisis response, support, and advocacy for anyone affected by sexual assault, stalking, or sexual harassment at 1.800.313.9900 or at their website.
- Maine Medical Center Emergency Department*: 662 Bramhall Street, 207.622.0111.
Sexual Misconduct, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Services, Policies, and Procedures
Maine College of Art will not tolerate any behavior that constitutes sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking, harassment or discrimination by members of the College community or its guests or vendors. The College believes that sexual misconduct, discrimination and harassment threaten human dignity, undermine the integrity of the entire community and represent a failure in ethical and professional behavior. In addition to any consequences that may arise from a violation of the Maine College of Art’s policy against sexual misconduct, harassment and discrimination, any person who engages in any form of this conduct in violation of this policy may also be subject to civil and/or criminal liability.
We encourage any student, faculty, or staff member who thinks that they have been a victim of harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct including sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, or domestic violence to seek support for and report all incident to the Title IX Coordinator, the Dean of the College, or the Director of Student Life. Regardless of where a report is initially filed, all reports will be reviewed by the Title IX Coordinator.
If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual misconduct including sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, or domestic violence, we strongly urge you to contact the following resources for support and information, exploration of options, connection with local resources, safety planning, and help with legal options, and medical attention. Resources marked with an * are designated confidential.
- Title IX Coordinator: The Title IX Coordinator for the Maine College of Art is Beth Elicker, Executive Vice President of the College. She can be reached at 699.5045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Life: email@example.com, 207.699.5035 (during office hours), or 207.228.3474 (24/7).
- Portland Police Department: Contact 911 for emergencies or 207.874.8575 for non-emergencies.
Title IX Coordinator
Beth Elicker, Executive Vice President of the College
522 Congress St
Portland, ME 04101