IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
Please do one of the following, depending on the nature and severity of your concern.
Medical or Mental Health Emergency - Call 911 or go to
- Maine Medical Center: 22 Bramhall Street, Portland / 207.662.0111
- Mercy Hospital: 144 State Street (corner of Spring St.) / 207.879.3236
Crisis (any type)
- Text HOME from anywhere in the USA to 741741 about any type of crisis
- Call the Maine Crisis Hotline 888.568.1112
- Call the Trevor Lifeline 866.488.7386
- Call the Maine Sexual Assault Helpline 800.871.7741
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.8255 (800.273.TALK)
Note: If you live on campus and it seems appropriate to do so in you situation, consult with an RA.
For help finding other resources, call 211
Additional Hotlines and Helplines
- Maine HIV/STD Hotline (Frannie Peabody Center): 207.774.6877
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Maine Crisis Line: 207.774.HELP (4357)
- Poison Control Center: 800.222.1222
- Maine Sexual Assault Helpline: 800.871.7741
Additional On-Campus Resources
- Counseling & Wellness: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Counseling & Wellness here.
- Financial Aid: Email email@example.com with a question or to schedule an appointment
- Registrar: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a question about your academic schedule or to schedule an appointment
- Residential Education and Housing: Email email@example.com, or call 207.699.5067 during office hours, or 207.776.4176 from 9am to 7pm.
- Student Health Insurance: Email firstname.lastname@example.org about Student Health Insurance or to waive insurance coverage
- Student Life: Want to get involved in a student club? Have a question or a concern and you aren’t sure who to ask? Stop by the Student Life Office (near the Café) or email email@example.com
- Support for Students with Disabilities: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title IX Coordinator: Beth Elicker, Executive Vice President of the College, is the Title IX Coordinator. To report any form of sexual misconduct, call or email her at 207.699.5045 or email@example.com
- Tutoring and Academic Support: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Brighton First Care, 335 Brighton Ave, specializes in minor injuries for quick care, 207.662.8111
- Center for Grieving Children offers bereavement services to multiple age groups, 207.775.5216
- Family Crisis Services offers 24-hour free confidential support, advocacy, and resources for those affected by relationship abuse, 866.834.4357
- Frannie Peabody Center for HIV/AIDS info and assistance, 207.774.6877
- Health and Human Services info, call 211
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Planned Parenthood, 443 Congress Street, affordable women and men’s health care, birth control, STD testing & treatment, LGBTQ services, pregnancy testing and services, 207.797.8881
- Portland Police Department, call 911 for emergencies or 207.874.8575 for non-emergencies
- Portland Recovery Community Center, 486 Forest Avenue, offers addiction recovery services and support, 207.553.2575
- Sexual Assault Response Services of Southern Maine (SARSSM), 24-hour free confidential crisis response, support, and advocacy for anyone affected by sexual assault, stalking, or sexual harassment: 800.774.3613
- Tobacco Free Help, 800.207.1230
Go Ask Alice!
Go Ask Alice is a health question-and-answer site from Columbia University developed for college students to ask questions about alcohol, sexuality, sexual relationships, emotional health, and myriad other topics.
Half of Us Mental Health Information
National website developed for college students by MTV in conjunction with mental health providers. You can search topics and watch videos on topics such as bipolar and eating disorders, depression, anxiety, cutting, suicide, drugs, and alcohol.
Student Health Insurance
MECA&D students are required to have health insurance, and all full-time enrolled BFA, MFA, and MAT students are eligible for the plan. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
If you are a MECA&D student and need your insurance card through the student health insurance plan we offer, please follow this instructions:
Need your Insurance Card? Go online!
To create an account with Wellfleet and to access your insurance information:
- Go to this page: the Maine College of Art & Design page on the Wellfleetstudent.com site
- Click on the menu button in the upper right hand corner
- Click on “My Account”.
- Click on and follow the steps to “Create a New Account”.