Students requesting housing accommodations (e.g., first floor, single room, visual alarms in residential rooms, close proximity to the restroom, etc.) are required to apply for accommodations through the Disability Services Coordinator. To be eligible for accommodations, your disability must significantly restrict your access to and your participation in the residential community. Submission of a request does not guarantee approval of accommodations.
Because of various sites on campus that provide reduced distraction study space, housing accommodations are generally not provided for academic related needs. The Disability Services Coordinator strongly encourages students whose attendance at the college depends on the availability of on campus housing to apply far in advance of the published deadlines.
Follow the step by step instructions below to apply for housing accommodations.
- Step 1: New residential students should complete and submit a housing contract as soon as possible after matriculation. Returning students must complete a housing contract and renew or request a new housing accommodation request during the room selection process and follow the published deadline.
- Step 2: Complete and submit the DSC Housing Accommodations Request form. Requests made after housing placements have been completed will be honored on a space available basis.
- Step 3: Submit written documentation of your disability from a licensed professional. The DSC recommends that students use our housing provider form. If you have other documentation for review, please submit to the Disability Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Step 4: Your request will be reviewed by the Disability Services Coordinator when we have both your housing accommodation request and documentation. You may be asked to meet with the Disability Coordinator via phone or virtually to fully understand your request. See our Housing Accommodation Policy for more detail on how requests are reviewed.
- Step 5: Returners will be notified in writing before room selection begins. New residential students will be reviewed starting on June 1.
- Step 6: The Disability Coordinator notifies Student Life about any approved housing accommodations.