MECA Family & Friends Weekend: November 3-5, 2017
We are excited to welcome family and friends of current MECA students to campus! Please register so we can plan for the weekend’s activities. Registration is encouraged but not required. Events are free and open to family and friends of current students.
- Friday, November 4, 2016
- 5:00-7:00pm, Welcome Reception– Cider & Donuts, Oak St. Lobby
- 5:00-7:00pm, Portland’s First Friday Artwalk
- 5:30-6:00pm, Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA at MECA) Director Talk and Tour of
Anguish: the Grave Misgivings of Remembrance. First Floor. Anguish is a visceral portrait of isolation, desire and remorse. Removed from the shadows, a collection of international artists present a visual dialogue which is strikingly raw and at the surface of our emotional armature—one which we work diligently to prevent illuminating.
- Saturday, November 5, 2016
- 9:30am, Welcome Station, Porteous Lobby
- 10am-11:30am, Tours of Porteous, Meet in Porteous Lobby
- 11:30am–1:00pm, Complimentary Lunch & President’s Welcome, Café
- 1:00pm, Portland Museum of Art Tour, Meet in the Porteous Lobby (RSVP Required)
- 2:30pm-4:30pm, Illustration Institute welcomes Ashley Bryan Freedom Over Me.
Presentation followed by book signing. Portland Public Library
- 9:00pm, Screen Printed Pancakes, Oak Lobby
Art Exhibitions on Campus
- 2016 BFA Exhibition, Lower level of Porteous and Floors 1, 2, and 3
- Anguish in the Institute of Contemporary Art, first floor