Associate Professor of the MFA in Studio Art + Sculpture, Sculpture Program Chair
Joshua Reiman is an artist working in sculpture, film, video and photography.
Reiman’s work deals with themes of exploration, artistic expression, identity, nature, and contextual inquiry. His short film works offer an array of lush landscapes with characters that guide audiences through layered conceptual ideas about art, history, and popular culture. His sculptural work has ranged from kinetics to cast iron and installation, always using humor to start serious conversations.
Joshua Reiman’s work has been exhibited in galleries and museums across the United States, Europe, and Africa. Josh has an MFA in sculpture from Syracuse University and a BFA in sculpture from the Kansas City Art Institute. Reiman is also a contributing writer for Sculpture magazine.
- Recent exhibitions include:
- The Pittsburgh Center for Glass, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Head On Photo Festival, Sydney, Australia w/Eric Weeks
- New Jersey City University Art Gallery, Jersey City, NJ
- Innerspace Chamber Gallery, Dallas, TX
- The Portland Biennial, The Portland Museum of Art, ME.
- Recent film screenings include:
- Boston Cyberarts Gallery
- ALC Video Art Festival - Alicante, Spain
- Ethnografilm - Paris, France
- 8th Cairo Video Festival - Cairo, Egypt w/ Eric Weeks.
Reiman is also the Maine Arts Commission 2019 Maine Artist Media Arts Fellow.