Deadline for Online Thesis submissions is MIDNIGHT on Friday, May 5.
The BFA & MFA Online Thesis Exhibition sites are a digital catalog of thesis exhibition work and an institutional archive of your work as a student at MECA&D. The text and images submitted for the website will live on as you move on in your professional career following graduation.
Requirements for Thesis Submission
- Thesis Statement (no more than 200 words)
- Brief Biography (no more than 100 words)
- Image List (identify each image with a corresponding #: Image #, Last Name, First Name, Title, Materials, Dimensions, Year made, Photographer credit [if applicable] )
- 5–10 Professional Artwork images (minimum of 5, maximum of 10)
- Image #1 is shown at Commencement when you walk across the stage
- When submitting, name your file: LastName_FirstName_Image#.jpg
- Hi-res photos, please. 300 DPI (Dots Per Inch), minimum width at 1,000 pixels. No minimum height.
- Video files must be submitted as either a Vimeo or YouTube link.
- Please include an image still of each video in the Image File submissions fields.
Tips for Photographing Your Artwork
- Ask your friends! Hire a photography student who has experience documenting work in the lighting studio.
- Find a local photographer. Ask Artists at Work for recommendations.
- Want to document your work yourself? Try these tips from local photographer Michael Wilson: