- Have your 5-10 Thesis images prepared for web (JPEG Resize in Photoshop), as well as your Thesis Statement and any accompanying captions.
- Either sign up for a portfolio.meca.edu account or log in. (sign up instructions).
- Follow the video guide above.
- Sign in to profile, choose “Add a Project” button.
- Enter Title of Project, chose from categories (must select Thesis 2017 from bottom right), enter image captions, as well as your thesis statement.
- Hit the “Publish” button. The page should think for thirty seconds, then refresh showing your new project gallery.
- If the page reloads and you DO NOT see your new project gallery, that means one of your images is broken. Either make sure the dimensions of the image are saved for web (either 120dpi or around 700-1200 pixels wide), or re-save the image entirely as the JPEG marker is broken.
- If you have ANY trouble, do not panic. Send email@example.com an email and we will get you ready for Graduation!
- Hooray! If you submitted your images here and this separate online form, you fulfilled this Graduation Requirement.
Image Sizing Tips
- Shoot in raw or high-quality .jpeg, this will give you a large image size.
- Quick guide to checking image size and resizing in Photoshop
- Remember the file you are submitting is 2,500 pixels wide. Keep resolution at 300, adjust width size (with the Constrain Proportions option checked [the link icon] to make sure your artwork doesn’t become warped).
- Quick guide on how to save a JPEG in Photoshop
- In-depth Guide: Adobe Photoshop Guide to image size and resizing
If you are submitting Digital Media works: video, film, animation, or other digital works, please submit one .mov file exported at best quality, one .mov file exported for the web and include a screengrab still.
If you have trouble with the forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.