Our Artists at Work and Alumni Relations staff are working remotely, and are available to provide you with resources and assistance as you navigate this crisis. We understand how difficult these times can be, as many of you deal not only with health concerns but also with lost income and opportunities. We have compiled the following documents with resources, tools, and opportunities to provide guidance and support during this crisis to members of the MECA community. We will continue to update this as new resources are made known to us.
Resources for individuals, organizations, and businesses in the Creative Sector
An evolving compilation of Maine and national resources to support individuals and organizations in the creative sector affected by the Covid virus.
Resources by MECA Community Responding to COVID-19
MECA faculty, staff, student and alums respond by creating online tutorials, prompts, and actions.
We understand that different folks are at different places and welcome feedback on what assistance you need most at this time. If you have any questions about alumni resources or events or would like to submit additional resources, please reach out to Isabelle Maschal O’Donnell, Alumni Relations & Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community of MECA graduates is a diverse network of artists and designers creating and exhibiting their art throughout the world.
We offer many opportunities for our alumni. There are cost-saving benefits, MECA-only residency opportunities, alumni exhibitions, and preferred access to a variety of resources. MECA degree-holding alumni are eligible for a suite of benefits including the following:
- Inclusion in MECA’s Alumni Directory
- Inclusion on MECA's Portfolio Site
- MECA email account (see below for info)
- Inclusion in MECA Magazine Alumni Class Notes
- Access to MECA-only Residency and Grant Opportunities
- Eligibility for Alumni Exhibition Opportunities at MECA
- Eligibility to participate in the Holiday Sale
- Eligibility to participate in the COLLECT Art Sale
- Access to Artists at Work Career Resource Center
- Borrowing privileges at the Joanne Waxman Library
- 30% discount on most MECA Continuing Studies classes
- Employment Opportunities at MECA
- Free subscription to iGrad, an online financial literacy program to help you plan for, pay for, and repay the cost of your degree, while preparing you for a successful financial future.
- Potential eligibility for the Opportunity Maine Tax Credit (Maine residents only)
- Consideration for a half-tuition matching scholarship at Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture
MECA Email Accounts: Do you need to regain access or create an account?
If you have problems logging in, please contact our Technology Department at email@example.com. You do not need a meca.edu email to send a help request.
A list of Salt Institute of Documentary Studies alumni benefits can be found here.
We also encourage anyone who attended MECA in any of our degree or certificate programs (BFA, MFA, MAT, Art Ed, Salt) to join our MECA Alumni Facebook Group to stay connected to MECA and each other.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.