Our community of MECA&D graduates is a diverse network of artists and designers working as creative professionals globally.
We offer many opportunities for our alumni. There are cost-saving benefits, MECA&D-only residency opportunities, alumni exhibitions, and preferred access to a variety of resources. MECA&D degree-holding alumni are eligible for a suite of benefits, including the following:
- Inclusion in MECA&D’s Alumni Directory
- Access to Artists at Work Career Resource Center
- Inclusion on MECA&D's Portfolio Site
- Inclusion in MECA&D Magazine Alumni Class Notes
- Access to MECA&D-only Residency and Grant Opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in the Holiday Sale
- Eligibility to participate in the COLLECT Art Sale
- Eligibility to participate in MECA&D Made Sales. MECA&D Made is the College’s initiative to promote and sell the work of our students, alumni, faculty, and staff. In 2021, MECA&D Made launched online with a series of short-run, thematic, virtual pop-up shops.
- Paid Internship Opportunities at Indigo Arts Alliance (BIPOC students and recent grads)
- Borrowing privileges at the Joanne Waxman Library
- 30% discount on most MECA&D Continuing Studies classes
- Employment Opportunities at MECA&D
- Free subscription to iGrad, an online financial literacy program to help you plan for, pay for, and repay the cost of your degree, while preparing you for a successful financial future.
- Potential eligibility for the Opportunity Maine Tax Credit (Maine residents only)
- Consideration for a half-tuition matching scholarship at Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture
A list of Salt Institute of Documentary Studies alumni benefits can be found here.
Our MECA&D Guide to Portland Google Map demonstrates the powerful impact our alumni, faculty, staff, and students continue to have on our community. To contribute or update a listing, email email@example.com.
We also encourage anyone who attended MECA&D in any of our degree or certificate programs (BFA, MFA, MAT, Art Ed, Salt) to join our MECA&D Alumni Facebook Group to stay connected to MECA&D and each other.
We want to stay in touch. Please send any professional (art-related or not) news for our Alumni Class Notes section in & Magazine as well as any address, phone or email updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com.