The MECA Alumni Council is a leadership group meant to help enhance the connection between the College and its alumni. The council seeks to identify paths of engagement for alumni and provide support for the work of the Director of Alumni Relations.
A council of 12 selected alumni meet three times per year. Non-graduate alumni may participate on committees, but may not serve as Council members.
- Open to BFA, MAT, and MFA degree-holding alumni.
- Council maintains a diversity of membership with a range including recent to senior alumni from a wide range of majors.
- Find representatives in highly populated areas.
- New membership based on nomination, then selection by the Alumni Coordinator and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Tenure is dependant upon meetings and attendance.
- Council members from out of town may participate via the Web or telephone conference.
- One or two-year time commitment
- Attend quarterly Alumni Council meetings
- Chair one volunteer committee
- Attend alumni events as able
- Participate in the Annual Giving program
- Dates will be set in advance for four yearly meetings
- Meetings are typically five hours in length with a meal break and time for socializing included
- Council meeting dates are linked to events at the College
- Governance Committee: develops and revises Alumni Council rules, principles, leadership roles
- Fundraising Committee: Phoneathon, Art Honors, class giving programs
- Career Development Committee: Holiday Sale, workshops, internships, networking, Alumni Biennial
- Communications and Outreach: write blogs and articles, assist with MECA Magazine Alumni Classnotes, senior party, finding lost alumni, recent alumni networking, alumni social events