How can your gift help?
An Undesignated Gift will allow MECA to put your gift where it is needed most: providing $6 million in financial aid to students in all our programs, help our faculty stay current and artistically fresh, and help us maintain and upgrade studio and classroom necessities.
A Designated Gift will assign your gift to an area of special interest. A designated gift for a specific college department or program helps MECA accelerate opportunities for students by providing resources not annually budgeted from operating funds.
MECA’s Porteous Society recognizes supporters who make gifts of $2,000 or more each year to any purpose at the college. Gifts at this level demonstrate that donors share MECA’s commitment to providing students with the tools they need to take risks, think critically and work creatively to become the next generation of artists and thinkers. Members of the Porteous Society receive periodic newsletters from the President and are invited to special MECA events.
Ways to Give
- Cash or Check is the simplest way to donate to MECA
- Appreciated Securities are a popular alternative to a cash gift because it may avoid capital gains tax on securities held long-term and provide an income tax deduction equal to the FMV at the date of transfer.
- Stock Transfer: visit Stock Transfer Instructions 2019 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.775.5098.
- Matching Gifts: You can double or even triple your gift if you or your partner work for a company with a matching gift program. Please visit this page to make your gift now online or to donate by check, please send to:Maine College of Art
522 Congress St.
Portland, ME 04101
- Your gift is 100% tax-deductible.
- For more information on making a planned gift, visit this page.
An endowment fund contributes revenue to the operating budget of the College every year, forever. Endowment gifts are made to the College with the understanding that the original value of the gift (the principal) will be invested and a portion of the investment earnings (the distribution) will be used to fund the educational mission of the College. Endowment funds are often restricted to a specific purpose by the donor, such as student scholarships, library acquisitions, an endowed professorship for a particular department, or student life enhancements. Other funds are unrestricted and can be used by the College for its current priorities. Gifts of any amount may be made to augment MECA’s endowment. There is a minimum threshold of $50,000 to establish and/or name an endowment fund. Please contact Annie Wadleigh, Assistant Director of Development, at email@example.com or 207-699-5015 for more information.
Header Artwork by Melinda Aste ’17