Planned Giving (1882 Society)
Planned gifts have an enormous and lasting impact on MECA and for new generations of artists who come through our doors.
Planned gifts also form part of an overall financial plan that can provide you with significant benefits. For example, planned gifts can help you maintain control of your assets during your lifetime, take advantage of a number of tax benefits, leave a legacy at MECA, and possibly even provide income to yourself or others during your or their lifetime. Unlike gifts of cash, planned gifts typically come from assets in your estate, rather than disposable income.
Planned Giving Options
There are many different forms your gift can take depending on your goal, including:
- Adding a bequest provision to your will and donating your full or partial estate to MECA
- Creating a revocable trust that will benefit MECA
- Creating a charitable gift annuity that will provide you with income during your lifetime and then pass on to MECA
- Adding MECA as a beneficiary to the residual of your retirement plan
- Transferring ownership of your life insurance policy to MECA (this can be done during your lifetime)
- Supporting MECA and your family with a charitable lead trust, a charitable remainder annuity trust, or a charitable remainder unitrust
For more information, including sample language, adding a provision to your will, or naming MECA to receive the proceeds of a life insurance policy or retirement plan, contact Annie Wadleigh, Assistant Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.699.5015.
1882 Society Members
Maine College of Art’s 1882 Society gratefully recognizes individuals who have made arrangements for the College in their estate plans.
- Lisabeth F. Barrett ’88
- Veronica Benning*
- Jane Briggs
- Douglas R. Coleman, Jr.
- Allerton Cushman
- Roderick Dew ’80, MFA ’00
- Robert Diamante’93
- Jo Orise Dodge
- Roger Gilmore Hon. DFA ’02
- Constance Hayes ’80, Hon. DFA ’03
- Alison D. Hildreth ’76
- Albert C. Hubbard
- Mark and Meredith Koerner P ’16
- Candace Pilk Karu Hon. DFA ’13
- Grace Nelson ’82
- Lorraine Lazzari
- Marta Morse
- Deborah Spring Reed
- Joan Fowler Smith Hon. DFA ’01
- Katy Stenhouse ’91
- Carl Benton Straub
- Dr. Philip Thompson, Jr., Hon. DFA ’91
- Susan H. Webster
- Caron C. Zand