2017 MECA&D Holiday Sale
Find the perfect gift made by MECA&D students, alumni, faculty and staff. We invite you to share an experience beyond shopping— connecting with the arts community, celebrating with your family, and buying local. Free Admission! All ages!
Location and Sale Dates
522 Congress Street, Portland, Maine 04101
Saturday, December 2, 10am–5pm
In addition to the two-day event, this year there is a new sales venue. #MECA&Dmade is a pop-up shop in Artists at Work from December 6 to 23, 2017 featuring selected alumni work. Learn more about #MECA&Dmade here.
This year’s Holiday Sale at the Maine College of Art & Design (MECA&D) will be held on Friday December 1, 2017 from 5pm to 9pm and Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 10am to 5pm. In its 23rd year, the MECA&D Holiday Sale is the Arts District’s premier holiday sale event, connecting Maine makers and buyers, providing an experience beyond shopping.
The juried 2017 Holiday Sale will include over 50 alumni vendors, selling handmade ceramics, jewelry, furniture, prints, and textiles. Student vendors include the Printmaking, Illustration, Metalsmithing & Jewelry, and Drawing departments.
- Kifah Abdulla (Continuing Studies Faculty)
- Ebenezer Akakpo '01 of Akakpo & Co.
- Cat Bates '09 of Cat Bates Jewelry & Accessories
- Ingrid Bathe of Ingrid Bathe Porcelain
- Derek Bedford '01 of Possum Hollow Farm Soap, LLC
- Shana Belknap '91
- Don Best '80 of Don Best Wood Art
- Maggie Bokor of Maggie Bokor Jewelry
- Carrie Brezzo '04 of CarrieSewFancy
- Katie Burns, Current Student
- Crystal Cawley (Continuing Studies Faculty)
- Daniel Cerreta '10 of Fathom Toy Works
- Peter Dore '17 of Boothby Furniture Company
- Nicholas Downing of Downing Arts (Staff)
- Melanie Duarte '07 of Porchpegasus
- Lisa Ferreria Jones '02 of Ember Grove
- Kristi Frank of SALTGRASS Jewelry
- Janine Grant of Janine Grant Ceramics
- Sam Guay '12 of Sam Guay Illustration
- Amalia Guettinger '12 of Amalia Moon
- Adriane Herman (Faculty)
- Hannah Hermes '15 of The Hermes Crab
- Elizabeth Jabar of Future Mothers (Faculty)
- Adrian King '12 of Adrian King Pottery
- Marilyn Lucey '09 of LunaPetunias
- Tracy Mastro '91 of Tsmastro Enameling
- Hugh McCormick '15 of Hired Wrights
- Taylor Mirabito '16 of Taylor Mirabito Illustration & Hana Firestone ‘14
- Jason Morrissey '98
- Kevin Mosca, Current Student
- Emily Norton '07 of Emily Diaz Norton Ceramics
- Jeanne Paterak of BloomStudio (Continuing Studies Faculty)
- Emily Percival '06 of Emily Percival Jewelry (Staff) & Maria Wolff
- Roxanne Quimby Hon. DFA '12 of My Pasta Art
- Kari Radasch '97 of Radasch REDware (Faculty)
- Natalie Reed '13
- Joe Rosshirt '11 of FortHouse Studio
- Hope Rovelto '01 of Little Chair Printing
- Miles Spadone '13 of Spadone Home
- Aaron Staples '08 of Staple Goods
- Molly Steinmetz '14 of Pinfolk Studio
- Beth Taylor '08 of Longstocking Design
- Jessica Teesdale of Jess Teesdale Pottery (Staff)
- Dietlind Vander Schaaf, (Staff) & Amy Vander Els
- LK Weiss '11 of Bowline Co.
- Sarah Camille Wilson '07
The Joanne Waxman Library at MECA&D will be holding their annual book sale during Holiday Sale hours. All of the proceeds from the book sale will benefit the Library.
Header: LK Weiss '11 of Bowline Co.