PORTLAND, Maine - In a continued effort to protect the Maine College of Art & Design (MECA&D) community, the College today announced the following:
Spring Break Extension
- Spring Break will be extended for an additional two weeks. Classes are currently planned to resume on Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Until further notice, Staff are expected to report to the MECA&D campus and continue their regular work schedule.
- The Porteous and 380 Cumberland buildings will be deep cleaned and disinfected during this two-week period.
Closing MECA&D to External Visitors on Saturday, March 14, 2020
Effective Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 5:00 pm, MECA&D will be closed to external guests and all near-term events have been postponed to prioritize the safety of our community. Admittance will be granted only to those who have an identified business need to be on campus.
Closing Academic Buildings to Students on Sunday, March 15, 2020
Effective Sunday, March 15, 2020, at 8:00 pm, MECA&D’s academic buildings will be closed to all students in all degree and non-degree programs. Buildings will reopen on Sunday, March 29th at 10:00 am.
Individuals can learn more about coronavirus, risk assessment, situation updates and more by visiting the following links:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Maine Division of Disease Surveillance
- World Health Organization
- Portland Department of Health and Human Services
About Maine College of Art & Design (MECA&D):
Founded in 1882, Maine College of Art & Design is located in the heart of downtown Portland's thriving Arts District. MECA&D offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 11 studio majors (including Animation & Game Art), Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art, Master of Arts in Teaching, Continuing Studies and Pre-College. Institutes at MECA&D include the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies, which offers a graduate certificate, and the Institute for Contemporary Art, which is free and open to the public Wednesday – Sunday.
Contact: Leah Igo Brooks, Director of Marketing & Communications; 207.699.5010, firstname.lastname@example.org