President Laura Freid and Dean of Undergraduate Studies Paul Gebhardt honor BFA Merit Scholarship Best in Show winner Libby Scutt (joined on the stage by a wonderful service dog) at the 2022 Award Ceremony.
On Thursday, April 28, Maine College of Art & Design students, faculty, and staff came together as a community to spotlight and honor the winners of the 2022 BFA Merit Scholarship Competition in our Awards Ceremony.
This year, 61 contributing artists helped to ensure each major in the BFA program was represented in the exhibition, which spanned across walls on the first three floors of the College throughout April. Students can win awards in the following categories: Best in Show; Second Place; Third Place; Jury Selects; and Honorable Mentions.
The following students were presented with awards:
- OLIVIA VAN OOT, Sophomore in Woodworking & Furniture Design
- REN FUCHS, Junior in Textile & Fashion Design
- TRISTAN MACINNIS, Sophomore in Sculpture
- HALEY ANDERSON, Sophomore in Painting
- ZACHARY LENNETT, Junior in Graphic Design
- FAIREN STARK, Junior in Illustration
- TEDDY DYKHOFF, Sophomore in Animation & Game Art
JURY SELECTS: Awards for those students whose work the jury found particularly noteworthy in quality and breadth of installation.
- OLIVIA PROPECK, Sophomore in Ceramics
- AMBER RUSTON, Junior in Metalsmithing & Jewelry
- SOPHIE MASTERS, Sophomore in Painting
- MAYA TIHTIYAS ATTEAN, Junior in Photography
THIRD PLACE: MONTANA VAN DUIJN, Junior in Sculpture
SECOND PLACE: DAVID NICHOLSON, Junior in Animation & Game Art
BEST IN SHOW: LIBBY SCUTT, Junior in Ceramics
Each of the winners received a scholarship, thanks to the generosity of donors Charles E. Culpeper and Dr. Edward M. Friedman '08 and Carole J. Friedman.Please join us in congratulating all of the 61 exhibiting participants in the 2022 Merit Scholarship Competition, each of whom contributed to the excitement and success of this annual event!