Undergraduate (BFA) Open Houses at MECA
Visit us for an Open House! These events are a great opportunity to see MECA’s amazing facilities, have a portfolio review, and meet with our students, faculty, and staff. Please see below for information on upcoming Open House dates for our undergraduate program.
Upcoming Open Houses & Transfer Days
Friday, Sept 28
Saturday, Oct 13
Saturday, Nov 10
Saturday, Dec 1
Friday, Dec 14
Registration form coming soon!
Saturday, Feb 16
Registration form coming soon!
Monday, May 20
Friday, June 14
Friday, July 12
Junior Open House
Friday, August 2
Registration + Finishing Day
Open House Schedule
Our typical BFA Open House schedule is below. When you register for the event, we’ll send a confirmation and outline of the day. A week before the event, we’ll email you a full schedule so you know exactly what to expect.
- Check-In and Light Breakfast
- Faculty Meet and Greet
- Campus & Housing Tours — choose from one of the following when you register
- Track 1: Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture
- Track 2: Digital Media, Graphic Design, Illustration
- Track 3: Ceramics, Metalsmithing & Jewelry, Textile & Fashion Design, Woodworking & Furniture Design
- or, take a self-guided tour! We’ll give you a campus map and you can customize your tour experience to suit your unique interests.
- Student Stations and Mini Workshops — prospective students will get a deeper look at a selection of MECA’s disciplines and offerings through a studio visit with one of our BFA students, attending a demo or screening, or participating in a micro-workshop!
- Parent Information Session
- Optional: Portfolio Reviews, Housing Tours, and meetings with Financial Aid, Student Life, Admissions, and more.
Register for an Open House!
You can register for all Fall 2019 events below. Check back for Spring dates, which will be added here in late Fall.
Portland has several excellent options to stay downtown. Below are two of our recommendations; you’ll find several other options through a quick Google search or on AirBnb.
Holiday Inn By the Bay
88 Spring Street, Portland, ME 04101
When booking, ask for Maine College of Art special corporate rate, these rates could change depending on availability (call to check for specific dates):
+ June 1–Oct 31: $159 + tax for Standard Double / Double Room
+ Nov 1–Dec 31: $109 + tax for Standard Double / Double Room
+ Upgrades to Standard King Rooms are +$25, upgrades to Executive Rooms are +$50
Hyatt Place Portland Old Port
433 Fore Street, Portland ME, 04101
When booking, call sales at 207-770-2404 or 207-770-2403 and ask for Maine College of Art special corporate rate.
The Westin Portland Harborview
157 High Street, Portland, ME 04101
Bookings can be made online with corporate code/SET# 552691
+ July 1–Oct 31: $209 + tax/room
+ Nov 1–Dec 31: $119 + tax/room
If you can’t make it on an Open House date, please contact Admissions to schedule an individual campus visit.
We encourage you and your family to come tour our facilities and talk with our students and faculty. Campus tours, personal interviews, and portfolio reviews are available by appointment.
To schedule an individual visit, see here for more information on availability and contact.