Federal Programs

  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Federal Work-Study
  • Subsidized Federal Direct (Stafford) Loan
  • Unsubsidized Federal Direct (Stafford) Loan
  • Federal Parent PLUS Loan

For specific federal program information, please refer to the Federal Student Guide.

State Programs

For Maine residents: Maine State Grant Program: Administered by FAME, the Maine State Grant Program provides need-based grants to Maine undergraduate students of all ages.The Maine State Grant Program for Adult Learners gives Maine undergraduate adult students (someone who is age 24 or older on January 1, the year they will start school) a one-time opportunity to take a little extra time to file their 2022-2023 FAFSA and be awarded the grant.

Many states offer financial aid programs to assist residents with College costs. For some New England states, the grant is portable and may be received at Maine College of Art & Design even if the student is from another state. Grant amounts vary and each state program has its own formula and deadline. States determine their own recipients and notify both the student and the College. These awards are often made separately from the College's award letter and, as a result, revisions to the financial aid package may be required.

The following New England States award grant funds to students, even if they attend school in a different state:

  • Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)

To apply for a state grant students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid and any other state specific forms. You should contact your state higher education agency to confirm their grant application requirements and deadlines.