What is the purpose of GPACU Cross-Registration?
Cross-registration benefits students at Alliance member schools by expanding the number and kinds of courses available to them. Cross-registration supplements the course offerings at each member school, so that students may take courses that would not otherwise be available to them.
Courses at member colleges are not available to MECA students during winter or summer terms.
How do I find out about what courses are available to me?
522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
University of Southern Maine
96 Falmouth Street, Portland, ME 04103
Saint Joseph’s College of Maine
278 Whites Bridge Road, Standish, ME 04084
How do I register?
- Find a course you’re interested in taking and complete a GPACU form
- Give the form to the Registrar’s office of your college
- Your form will be faxed over to the Host College
- You will be notified if you are placed into the course Enrollment is on a space-available basis.
What about course prerequisites?
The student must meet course prerequisites (or equivalents) set by the Host school.
Where do I pay for the class I am taking at another college?
- The tuition for a GPACU course is paid to your Home institution.
- Course Fees, laboratory fees and/or materials fees are paid to the Host institution. You will receive a bill in the mail from the host institution. Course fees must be paid-in-full to receive a grade in the course.
- The student must pay any fee imposed by the Host institution on all its students. i.e. parking fee, computer lab fee.
How many courses can I take through GPACU?
Each student is limited to three courses per year and a total of five over the period of the student’s undergraduate studies.