2021 Pre-College Applications
Certain majors fill up quickly. Admitted students whose applications are postmarked by February 1, 2021, will have a better opportunity of getting the major(s) of their choice and will be given priority consideration for need-based financial aid.
Following the February 1 Priority Deadline, preference will be given to applications received by April 15, 2021, or until the program reaches maximum capacity. Need-based financial aid (in-person Pre-College only) will continue to be awarded as funds remain available.
Pre-College Application Checklist:
- 2021 Online application or Printable application
- Application Fee: $40, non-refundable, payable by check or credit card
- Submit a one-page essay. Please write 250–300 words about one of the following prompts:
- Prompt 1: Tell us about a person who is in your life who you have a meaningful relationship with. Who is that person? What is your relationship with that person? Why is it a meaningful relationship? What are your interactions with that person like? How do those interactions make you feel? Why?
- Prompt 2: You have a free Saturday without any commitments, money or transportation. Design your day. Tell us who you would invite if anybody. Give the details of what you would do. How do you think you would feel doing it?
- Obtain and submit a letter of recommendation from a counselor or an art teacher.
- Copy of your high school transcript(s): both official and unofficial transcripts will be accepted
- The Financial Aid application questions are included in the online/print application. Tax forms from your parents/guardians are required to be considered for Financial Aid.
Pay Application Fee
Supporting materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our office: Maine College of Art, Pre-College, 522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101