Our MFA program allows you to chose from our Low or Full Residency options and base your studio wherever you decide— whether it’s on campus in Portland, Maine; or in our Low Residency Program anywhere in the world. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017–2018 academic year.
MFA on the Road
Because our open-door policy does not benefit those potential or past students that are not local to Maine, we are listing our future department travel plans so as to give potential students an avenue for in person dialog. Potential students should know that our department participates in Graduate Portfolio Review Days in Chicago and New York annually. And our alums can now more easily reach out and say hello. Please review our list of events here.
- New York City: October 30, 12-4pm
- Rachel Katz, Administrative Director, will be on hand for the Graduate Portfolio Day, located at Parsons School of Design.
- Chicago: November 5, 10am-2pm
- Chris Stiegler, Department Chair, will be on hand for the Graduate Portfolio Day happening at the School of the Art Institute.
- Arkansas: November 10, 5:30pm
- Please join Associate Professor Adrian Herman for a talk at the University of Arkansas on Thursday, November 10th at 5:30pm in JBHT room 216, 227 N. Harmon Ave, Fayetteville, AR.
- Boston: December 7–8
- Chris Stiegler, Department Chair, will be leading current students on a research trip to Boston.
If you find yourself near to these locations and would like to inquire about setting up a meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Tuition Scholarship Deadline is January 27, 2017.
- Priority Application Deadline is February 20, 2017.
- Rolling Admissions is until May 1, 2017, space permitting.