Department: Business Office
Reports to: Director of Business Services
Responsible for student billing and collections operations for all institutional programs, the Student Accounts Manager utilizes exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate with students and parents on billing statements, payment options, accounts receivable, collections, and third party payment plans.
- Accounts Receivable (A/R), billing, and collections management
- Extensive correspondence with students and parents regarding outstanding balances
- Processing refunds in compliance with federal regulations
- Monitoring third party vendor payment plan (TMS) activities
- Billing of tuition, housing, meal plans, and student health insurance
- Tracking and collecting of past-due balances for current and former students
- Significant collaboration with Registrar and Financial Aid Office
- Identifying opportunities to improve, streamline, and further develop the A/R process
- Receipting and processing of payments and financial aid
- Strict adherence to Title IV Federal Funding, FERPA, and other federal/state regulations
- Accounts Receivable analysis and reporting
- Assistance in annual audits
- Meal plan management, transcript requests, and other projects/duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; equivalent experience considered
- 3 to 5 years of experience in collections, A/R, billing, and/or general accounting
- Experience in higher education and/or customer service desired
- Familiarity with Federal financial student aid and regulations preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal/professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy, including MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and Google Docs knowledge
- Ability manage responsibilities and resolve conflict with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and able to problem solve effectively
- Demonstrated success in high-volume, fast-paced professional environment
- Previous experience with Jenzabar and/or Blackboard is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation ranges from $42,000 to $47,000, based on experience. A comprehensive benefits package is offered, including health, dental, vacation, sick and retirement benefits.
Electronic applications encouraged. Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should submit (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three references with contact information. Attach the PDF to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Student Accounts Manager: [Your Name]” in the <Subject> line. Applications will be kept confidential until such time as candidates visit campus. Finalists must agree to a background check.
Maine College of Art recognizes that diversity is integral to the academic experience and strives to foster an inclusive culture defined by respect, equity and social responsibility. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations, and supporting an inclusive and equitable community. Maine College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, HIV status, race, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, or military/veteran’s status in its educational programs, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid, or other College administered programs. Candidates from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.