Maine College of Art is currently seeking an experienced professional to join its staff as Director of Business Services to oversee the College’s accounting and financial operations. Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, the Director leads a team of five staff members to provide various business services to the internal and external community including accounts payable, student billing and receivables, payroll and HR, retirement plan administration and financial reporting.
- Assure internal controls and integrity of accounting procedures and systems.
- Provide financial reports for management. Perform internal analysis including budget projections and net contribution analysis.
- Manage the administrative software system and create general ledger and database queries.
- Assist in the development and administration of the annual operating budget.
- Responsible for providing the reports used by the external auditors to complete the annual financial statements, the Form 5500 and the annual Financial Aid audit.
- Monitor and record the performance and use of the endowment fund
- Prepare and monitor reports to various Federal and State Agencies.
- Monitor bank accounts and manage cash as necessary.
- Draw the appropriate cash and reconcile the activity in the DOE federal accounts working closely with the Financial Aid Office and the external auditors to assure compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Contribute reports and participate at various board committee meetings.
- Ongoing assessment of insurance and risk management programs.
- Communicate with the retirement plan vendors, provide annual notices and reports, and participate in the performance evaluation of the investment options offered.
- Maintain capital budgets, fixed asset reports, and depreciation schedules.
- Contribute to MECA’s success by developing departmental and individual staff goals, measuring results, rewarding achievements or taking corrective action, as necessary.
An advanced degree in business, education administration, or related fields is preferred. Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) with a minimum of five years of supervisory experience in accounting and finance. A comprehensive working knowledge of report writing software and non-profit accounting is desirable.
The successful Director will be energetic and well organized and will be appreciative of the values and cultures within institutions of higher education. Maine College of Art recognizes that diversity is integral to the academic experience and strives to foster an inclusive culture defined by respect, equity and social responsibility. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations, and supporting an inclusive and equitable community.
Annual Salary: $72,000–$80,000; Competitive benefits package including health, dental, vacation, sick, and retirement benefits.
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately and will be accepted until an appointment is made. Candidates should submit:
- letter of interest
- a current resume
- the names and contact information for three references
Electronic applications only, please. Documents should be in .doc (word) or .pdf format. Place “[Your Name], Director of Business Services” in the subject line. Attach documents to an email and send to email@example.com. Applications are kept confidential until on-campus interviews. No phone calls please.