MECA offers drawing classes in its BFA Program. In addition, we offer a wide variety of open enrollment and Continuing Studies courses for children and adults. The college uses art models frequently (both nude and clothed). We seek a diverse pool of art models.
Pose as a subject for beginning and advanced drawing classes, anatomy, sculpture, painting, printmaking, and other types of artistic expression. Perform a variety of poses in a clothed or undraped manner maintaining an adherence to professional conduct.
- Hold a pose for long periods of time (with stretch breaks).
- Seeking candidates that have the stamina to alternate between poses during class times, which are 2-3 hour classes.
- Perform physical activities that may require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing, sitting, balancing, stooping, crouching, reclining, and holding materials.
Work environment involves use of paint, thinners, charcoal, and other painting/drawing materials.
- Ability to maintain poses for one class period (up to 3 hours in length).
- Models must be prompt and dependable.
- Models are expected to conduct themselves professionally.
- Models must have stamina and exude energy while in still poses.
- Modeling, theater, or dance experience.
- Ability to work around students maintaining a strict adherence to rules of propriety and professional conduct.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until a hire is made. Applications materials must be sent digitally, including 1) a resume; 2) a list of references with contact information . Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place <[FirstName LastName], MODEL> in the subject line.
Maine College of Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff to be an essential characteristic of an academic community committed to excellence in education. Maine College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in hiring and employment policies and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Maine College of Art is an independent college of art and design located in the center of the thriving arts district of Portland, Maine. Established in 1882, the College currently enrolls approximately 500 students, the majority of whom are in the undergraduate program. About 1,200 students take classes through MECA’s Continuing Studies Program annually. MECA’s Institute of Contemporary Art serves a critical regional role in its commitment to presenting contemporary, provocative work by living artists from Maine and around the globe. The Joanne Waxman Library is one of the largest independent libraries in Northern New England.
MECA is characterized by its intimate learning community, its interdisciplinary nature and the breadth of its programs. It confers the degrees of Bachelor of Fine Arts in eleven majors, Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art, Master of Arts in Teaching, and the Salt Graduate Certificate in Documentary Studies. Our goal at MECA is to teach each student how to transform aspirations and values into a creative practice that serves as the foundation for a lifelong pursuit of personal and professional goals.
Maine College of Art is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The College’s accreditation status with both agencies was renewed in 2016.