Maine College of Art recognizes that diversity is integral to the academic experience and strives to foster an inclusive culture defined by respect, equity and social responsibility. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations, and supporting an inclusive and equitable community. Maine College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability in hiring and employment policies and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
The Admissions Administrative Assistant’s primary function is to serve as the first point of contact to the public. The Administrative Assistant greets visitors, answers phones, checks Admissions email account, enters all catalog requests, schedules tours and interviews and provides general office assistance.
- Serve as first point of contact for Admissions Office visitors
- Answer phone, respond to general e-mails and/or forward them on to appropriate counselors
- Schedule tours and interviews
- Process catalog requests and catalog mailings
- Open and sort admissions mail
- Process immunization forms and enrollment agreements
- Prepare all new student files for Registrars Office in preparation for registration
- Responsible for maintaining admissions application files, i.e. file retention and purging of older application materials
- Assist with Admissions bulk mail projects
- Provide assistance for all Admissions functions (ex. Open House, accepted student events, teacher events, etc.)
- Responsible for managing the admission inventory of print material and marketing collateral.
Provide regularly updated inventory reports.
- Supports all aspects of Admissions Office operations (mailing, filing, data entry)
- Performs other duties as requested by the Admissions Operations and Communications Manager, Associate Director of Admissions and Director of Admissions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and familiarity with CRM systems preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively across all areas and offices within the college
- Team player
- Excellent sense of humor
- Friendly, outgoing personality that thrives on connecting with others
Salary: $32,000; Health, Dental, Vacation/Sick Leave, Retirement Benefits
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately and will be accepted until an appointment is made. Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a current resume and contact information for three references. Electronic applications encouraged. Documents should be in .doc (Word) or .pdf format. Place “[Your Name], Admission Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Attach documents to an email and send to email@example.com.
Applications may be mailed to Human Resources, Maine College of Art, 522 Congress St., Portland, ME 04101. Applications are kept confidential until on-campus interviews. No phone calls please.