Maine College of Art (MECA) is seeking to hire a half-time receptionist. This is a job-share position for two full days and one ½ day per week. Responsibilities include greeting visitors to the College and providing them with accurate information; answering phones; monitor entrance to the College and provide front line security for appropriate access; assisting students, faculty, staff and the public in various ways; and administrative duties as assigned.
Maine College of Art recognizes that diversity is integral to the academic experience and strives to foster an inclusive culture defined by respect, equity and social responsibility. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations, and supporting an inclusive and equitable community.
- Greet visitors and direct to MECA’s galleries and offices as appropriate.
- Support College enrollment by providing excellence in service to current and prospective students and their families.
- Provide security to the building by monitoring access to the building by students, employees and the public, ensuring visitors policies are followed, and coordinating with other employees, and very occasionally the police, when security issues arise.
- Answer phone calls and transfer to the appropriate department.
- Knowledge of College programs and protocols.
- Hire, schedule and manage figure models for the College.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent judgement.
- Experience working with technology.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- Understanding and/or appreciation of art and design.
Hourly rate between $16–$18
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources, Maine College of Art, 522 Congress St., Portland 04101.