To understand the special nature of the MECA community, you really should visit campus. We encourage you and your family to come tour our facilities, walk through our studios and talk with our students and faculty. Campus tours, personal interviews, and portfolio reviews are available Monday-Friday.
To schedule your visit, please contact the Office of Admissions at admissions@MECA.edu, or by phone at 800.699.1509.
Open Houses at MECA
Visit us for an Open House! These events are a great opportunity to see MECA's amazing facilities, have a portfolio review, and meet with our students, faculty and staff. Please let us know if you would like to attend one of these events by completing our RSVP form.
2013/2014 Open House Dates
Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Saturday, June 7th, 2014
Can’t make one of these dates? No problem. Just call us and we’ll find a time that works for you.
From the North
Take Interstate 295 to Exit 7, Franklin Arterial
From the South
Take the Maine Turnpike northbound to Exit 44, Interstate 295. Follow Interstate 295 to Exit 7, Franklin Arterial
Directions to the Porteous Building at 522 Congress Street
Stay on Franklin until you hit the top of the hill and take a right onto Congress Street. You will pass City Hall on your right, continue on Congress several more blocks, past Monument Square. Porteous is the large building on the left with a gray awning.
There is a public parking garage at 45 Spring Street, on the right just past the Cumberland County Civic Center. To go to the Porteous Building from the parking garage, leave the parking garage through its rear exit, onto Free Street; the Porteous Building will be immediately across the street from you.
Portland Parking Garages and Lots
- One City Center Parking Garage, Monument Square, 773-2761
- Midtown Parking Lot, 44 Fore St.
- Top of the Old Port Parking Lot, 119 Pearl & Congress Sts., 828-1212
- Temple Street Parking Garage, 11 Temple St., 772-5762
- Cumberland County Parking Garage, Newbury St., 871-8275
- Custom House Sq. Parking Garage, Pearl & Fore Sts.
- Fore Street Parking Garage, 439 Fore St., 772-7738
- Casco Bay Parking Garage, Commercial St. at Maine State Pier, 774-8653
- Cotton & Center Parking Lot, 57 Center St., 879-8983
- Public Market Parking Garage, 315 Cumberland Ave, 774-2829
- Spring St. Parking Garage, 45 Spring St., 874-2842
- Gateway Parking Garage, 181 High St., 761-1568
- Harbor Plaza Parking Garage, Union St., 775-3788
- Monument Square Parking Garage, Cumberland and Brown Sts.
All area codes are (207) unless otherwise noted.
Portland is an old seacoast town. It is also a funky city filled with galleries, one-of-kind boutiques and shops, and incredible restaurants serving everything from New England clam chowder, lobster rolls and Maine seafood to nouvelle cuisine.
Portland is the banking capital of northern New England, home to major international law firms, import/export companies, and modern high-rise office buildings located in historic districts with centuries old architecture.
Portland stands as one of the few working waterfronts left in the United States, acting as New England’s largest tonnage seaport and second largest fishing port.
Portland is also the second largest oil port on the East Coast and the largest foreign inbound transit tonnage port in the United States!
Portland is Maine’s largest city with 66,000 full time residents; however it swells to 2 million if one includes annual visitors and part-time residents.
Visitors come by car, train, airplane, and boat. Each year our port alone handles over 206,000 international passengers, including 41,000 cruise ship passengers
At every turn, Portland is an experience for everyone.