The Continuing Studies Department at Maine College of Art offers open enrollment programs to adults and youth. Our mission is to provide access to professional quality study in the arts and professional development opportunities for diverse members of the general public.
We offer weekly classes, weekend classes, winter and summer intensives, youth camps, and international artist retreats. To go directly to specific types of programming, chose from the links on the left. To contact the Continuing Studies Office, call 207.699.5061.
Thank you to our Media Sponsor, Maine Today Media – Press Herald.
Sample of Adult Courses
- Paper Wildflower Sculpture
- Arabic Calligraphy + Cubism
- Photoshop Crash Course Workshop
- Drawing: Imaginary Worlds
- Drawing at the PMA
- Botanical Artistry
- Fashion Sewing
- Fiction Writing: The Imitation Game
- Beginning + Intermediate: Metalsmithing + Jewelry Design
- Photo Open Studio
- Black + White Beginning Photography
- Experimental Watercolor
- Painting from Observation
Sample of Youth + Teen Courses